Applesauce Topped Pork Loin Roast
A classic pork loin roast with a surprisingly delicious sweet flavor to surprise your family or friends!
- 1 (4 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 cup prepared applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 garlic clove, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a small bowl combine applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and ground cloves. Set aside.
- Cut slits in top of the loin roast and insert garlic strips into those slits.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, pepper, and mustard, and rub over the roast.
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Brush applesauce mixture over roast during the last 1/2 hour of baking.
- When thermometer reads done, remove the roast to a warm serving platter.
- To make gravy, thicken broth in a pan with cornstarch and water.
Serve and enjoy!
Courtesy of Food.com