Easy Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 6 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled (except for tails) and deveined
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside and marinate for 20 minutes.*
- Preheat oven broiler on high.
- Spread shrimp along with marinade in single layer in an oven-proof skillet or baking pan.
- Place in center of oven and broil for 3 minutes, until pink.
*Shrimp may be marinated for longer, up to a day. If marinating longer than 20 minutes, omit lime/lemon juice, then add juice just before cooking.