Perfect for potlucks and snacking!
- 3-5 medium eggplants (3 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons tahini paste
- Juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Half of a small onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Roast the eggplants in the oven on medium heat, or on a BBQ grill for about 30 minutes.
- While eggplants are still hot (not too hot so you don’t burn your hands), peel them and discard as much as possible of their seeds.
- Strain the water from the eggplants by placing them on a colander for about 10 minutes. This step is important so you don’t get a liquid Baba Ghanoush.
- Add eggplants and all ingredients in a food processor and let run for 2-3 minutes until you get a paste.
- Place Baba Ghanoush paste into a serving plate, garnish with any or all of the following: olive oil, chopped parsley, sumac spice or chili powder, and salted pickles.
- Serve cold as an appetizer, with a side of pita bread.