Tax Fun Facts!
Did you know Tax Day is April 17th? Of course, you did! But did you also know the following fun facts about taxes?
- The word “tax” is from the Latin taxo, meaning “I estimate.”
- The US has a progressive tax system, meaning that the more money a person makes, the more he or she pays in income tax.
- “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax,”- Albert Einstein.
- Over 1 million accountants are hired each year in America to help with taxes.
- In Texas, cowboy boots are exempt from sales tax. Hiking boots are not.
- Americans spend over $27.7 billion every year doing their taxes.