Summertime Marketing Messages
by Shannon Joyce, Account Coordinator
With the first official day of Summer right around the corner, it becomes increasingly important to understand how the change in season may play an important role in consumer buying behavior. Summer, though not as holiday heavy as some of the other seasons, holds other opportunities for marketers to incorporate into their campaigns such as summer weather, outdoor activities, and foods that are just better had in the Summer, like a s’more, an ice cream cone, or freshly squeezed lemonade!
Below are some suggested methods for keeping your marketing campaigns fresh and fun for your customers this summer!
- Tie global Summer celebrations into your messaging, like Memorial Day, or Fourth of July.
- Incorporating local trends such as an annual festival, parade, or bbq specific to your area.
- Use strong imagery in posts.
- If targeting millennials on Summer vacation, use GIFS and emojis to draw them in.
- If Summer is a slow time for you, you could incorporate a Social cause into your campaign.
- Keep campaigns fun and lighthearted.