Banana Pecan Bread
By Kelsi Roth, Graphic Designer
Super simple and easily customizable banana bread! Use more or less sugar for different sweetness, add another banana for extra banana flavor, and try out different nuts or berries in the batter.
2 ripe bananas
⅓ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Heaping ½ cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup chopped pecans
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 4″x8” loaf pan.
- Mash bananas with a fork until mostly smooth. Add the melted butter and stir.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, then add in the chopped pecans and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for a few minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.