By Ellen Fruchtman, President
You can just smell summer. And, nothing says summer wine better than a fantastic glass of Sangria over ice. Here’s one of my favorites from Ina Garten’s 2014 Make it Ahead cookbook!
Get the recipe and drink now…
Summer Rosé Sangria
- 1 (750 ml) bottle good rosé wine
- 1/2 cup Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy
- Water and ice, plus extra ice for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 large fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 red plums, pitted and sliced ¼ inch thick
Combine the rosé, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, sugar, Grand Marnier, Cognac, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of ice in a large glass pitcher. Stir in the raspberries, strawberries, and plums, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight (overnight is preferred!).
When you’re ready to serve, fill the wine goblets or highball glasses halfway with ice. Pour the sangria over the ice, spooning some of the fruit into each glass. Serve ice cold and enjoy!
NOTE: If plums (for example) are not in season, feel free to use grapes or sliced apples!