Blueberry Puree Cheesecake
by Ashley Bowen, Account Coordinator
Source: Makinzie Gore https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a27260642/blueberry-cheesecake-recipe/
Warm summer days are quickly approaching and this delicious dessert is the perfect way to use the fresh blueberries you’ll find at a farmers market or your local grocery store. This twist on the classic cheesecake will be guaranteed to impress your family and friends at your next summer gathering. Or, the next time you’re in the mood for dessert, keep this in mind and treat yourself!
FOR THE CRUST
9 graham crackers, finely crushed (about 1 1/4 c.)
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
4 (8-ounce.) blocks cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup blueberry puree
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small food processor, blend blueberries until no large chunks remain.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add blueberry puree, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Make crust: In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar, until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into bottom and up sides of an 8” or 9” springform pan.
- Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour and salt and beat until just combined. Fold in blueberry puree.
- Pour mixture over crust. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the baking pan.
- Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour.
- Remove foil and refrigerate cheesecake until completely chilled, at least 5 hours and up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, top cheesecake with whipped cream and blueberries.