6 Social Media Mistakes Brands Should Avoid
Mistakes happen and we all make them but here are 6 social media mistakes you can and should avoid.
1. Not setting the right goals– Instead of quickly creating a social ad, stop and think about why you are creating it and what is its purpose. Ultimately, what are you trying to achieve? Once you know the answer it will help steer you in the right planning direction for your ad.
2. Not adjusting your ads for specific platforms– Not all platforms are the same so you cannot take a one size fits all approach. Every social network has its own requirements and sizing for the ads to be displayed. If you don’t optimize your ad to the right specs it might not reach its full potential for success.
3. Forgetting to monitor your ads– It’s a tedious job but the payoff is worth it. When you monitor your ads closely you are able to make fast decisions that will end up saving you money. This gives you the ability to adjust, pause or stop ads that aren’t performing well.
4. Not knowing how to reach your target audience– Your social media ads should resonate and be of interest to your target audience. Ensure your content is tailored to the audience you are trying to reach.
5. Not applying organic lessons to your paid promotion– The best social media practice when trying to figure out what your audience likes is to test your content organically first. This allows you to tailor it before you put money behind it.
6. Forgetting to plan your budget- One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not planning ahead. Without the necessary planning, it will be difficult to measure the success of your campaign. You should take the time to outline the campaigns you want to run and figure out who you want to target. Then you can allocate funds across a certain time period to those campaigns.