by Michael Fruchtman, CEO, CFO
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 fresh jalapeno (depending on desired heat level), seeded and finely chopped
Place tomatoes in a large bowl and stir in salt. Let stand at room temperature until tomatoes release their juices, at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, pepper, and jalapeno and stir to combine.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!