Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad
by Angie Ash, EVP
With blue cheese, watermelon, almonds, herbed chicken, and a balsamic glaze, this is the perfect salad to serve at a summer gathering!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach or greens
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sliced or crushed almonds
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the balsamic vinegar is significantly reduced and starting to become syrupy.
- Meanwhile, turn a grill or nonstick skillet to high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning on both sides and drizzle with the olive oil. Transfer to the hot grill and cook until no longer pink on the inside and nicely browned on the outside. Let rest for 5 minutes; cut into small cubes.
- Layer the spinach with the chicken, watermelon, blue cheese, almonds, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction to taste. Top with additional olive oil if desired.
Recipe courtesy of one of my favorite food blogs, Pinch of Yum.