by Ashley Bowen, Account Coordinator
The air is starting to turn crisp and fall is quickly approaching. And with that comes apple picking at your local orchard and plentiful apples at your local supermarket. Take advantage of this apple crisp recipe to make use of fresh apples during this season.
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com