Eggs Benedict – Shacked
by Shane O’Neill, Vice President
- 2 pieces Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices pancetta
- Arugula to garnish
- 4 eggs
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or hot paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Brush Naan bread with butter and toast under broiler just until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan and broil just until slightly melted.
- Make Hollandaise Sauce.
- Cut Pancetta into small strips and fry in pan. Place on bread.
- Garnish with Arugula.
- Fry eggs, sunny side up, in same pan as pancetta, then add salt and pepper.
- Add Hollandaise Sauce over bread and place eggs on top.
- Garnish with sea salt.
Make the Hollandaise Sauce
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks and mix in lime juice, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Very slowly add melted butter to the egg mixture bowl, stirring well.
- Pour the sauce back into the saucepan. Stir the mixture consistently for 20-30 seconds over low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.