by Ashley Bowen, Account Coordinator
Why not take the traditional banana bread a step further and try strawberry bread? This delicious bread is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Slice strawberries and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar, and set aside while preparing batter.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well. Blend oil and eggs into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in pecans. Divide batter into pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes (test each loaf separately). Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn loaves out of pans, and allow to cool before slicing.