Date Night In – Chocolate Lava Cake for Two
By Kelsi Roth, Senior Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salted caramel sauce, divided
- Vanilla ice cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a heat-proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water or use a double-boiler.
- Melt chocolate and butter together then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture then whisk until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter amongst 2 well-greased 6-ounce ramekins.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salted caramel into the center of the batter in each ramekin.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cake are set and the center is only slightly jiggly.
- Invert the ramekin onto a plate, top with ice cream, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Table for Two Blog