Instagram Reels – The New TikTok?
By Kelsi Roth, Senior Graphic Designer & Social Media Coordinator
Last month, Instagram launched their newest update. Reels allows users to create and share short form 15 second videos made up of multiple clips set to music. Sound familiar? It should! It’s immediately apparent that Reels is being set up as a competitor to TikTok, the video sharing site most popular among Gen Z and young Millenials.
Reels are not yet eligible for advertising or paid promotion, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore it. Fashion, accessories, and style are all popular topics, and a brand new platform means fewer brands competing for attention. The benefit of utilizing Reels over TikTok is that you already have an established audience. You can share your Reels on your feed or in your stories for your followers to see, and they are saved on your profile for later viewing.
Check out this guide to get started, and see our list below for a few ideas to try out.
- A women’s watch styled with different combinations of bracelets
- A stack of rings created one ring at a time
- How to choose a necklace for different necklines
- Different combinations of layered necklaces
- Engagement ring diamond shapes (make sure they sparkle!)