Baked Feta Pasta
by Hayley Lardinais, Account Coordinator
The TikTok pasta recipe that is taking the internet by storm! I’ve seen many variations of the recipe, but this one from The Washington Post is the best combination of easy AND delicious.
Baked Feta Pasta
- 9x13 baking dish
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes (17 1/2 ounces / 500 grams)
- 4 cloves garlic halved lengthwise
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 block Greek feta cheese (7 ounces / 200 grams)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces medium-length dried pasta, such as campanelle, rigatoni or rotini
- fresh basil leaves for serving
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine the tomatoes, garlic and 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and toss to coat. Place the feta cheese in the center of the tomatoes and garlic, top with the remaining olive oil, and sprinkle the entire dish with red pepper flakes and a little black pepper. Bake for about 40 minutes, until the garlic has softened and the tomatoes have burst their skins.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Mash the feta and tomatoes with a fork and mix until evenly combined. Mix the sauce with pasta, adding the reserved pasta water as needed if it looks a little dry. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, divide among bowls and top with plenty of basil leaves.