One Pot Chicken and Bacon Alfredo
by Shane O’Neill, Vice President
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces penne, rotini, or rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken until done, then cook bacon until crisp. Set on a paper towel to drain. Drain remaining grease, reserving 1-2 tablespoons in the pan. Cook onion over medium heat until soft and light brown (about 2 minutes), then stir in garlic.
- Add in pasta, broth, salt, and pepper, and stir well. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring twice during cooking. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with a very small amount of water and stir into pasta. Remove from heat and stir in cream and cheese until cheese has melted. Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley.