Mix up a traditional pesto with pistachios! This quick recipe is ready in under 30 minutes.
Pistachio Pesto Pasta
- food processor or blender
- Large Pot
- small pot
- Large Bowl
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup flat parsley leaves packed
- ½ cup pistachios no shells, lightly roasted
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, heat heavy whipping cream and lemon zest over medium heat in a small pot, stirring occasionally.
- Toast pistachios on a baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, if desired.
- Add parsley, parmesan, pistachios, garlic, lemon juice and pistachios in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined.
- While the food processor or blender is running, add olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Place the pesto in a large bowl. Slowly stir in cream and lemon zest mixture until smooth and blended completely. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and add to bowl with pesto sauce. Toss to combine. Serve immediately. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan and chopped parsley if desired.