Roasted Tomato Soup
by Kelsi Roth, Senior Graphic Designer
Easy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 pints of tomatoes (two different kinds, like Roma & Campari)
- 1 head of garlic halved
- 1 shallot halved
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 serrano pepper stem removed
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Combine everything except cream and broth in an oven-safe pot with a lid. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 480 degrees F.
- Carefully remove the pot from the oven. Remove garlic peel and shallot peel. Transfer everything to a blender and pulse a few times. Add the cream and broth, then blend until smooth. If necessary, transfer back to pot over medium heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and serve with grilled cheese or garlic toast.