By Ashley Bowen, Account Coordinator
If you’re planning a trip to the apple orchard this fall, this delicious apple crisp recipe is the perfect way to use your freshly picked apples. This dessert tastes great on its own but it can also be paired with vanilla ice cream.
- 10 cups apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the sliced apples in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over the apples. Pour the water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes