Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Summer is my favorite, and the BEST way I’ve found to celebrate the beginning of the sunshine season is with a cool, frozen watermelon margarita. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lime zest
- 1 lime wedge
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 4 slices watermelon, for garnish
- 4 lime rounds, for garnish
- Place watermelon on a large baking sheet and freeze until hardened, at least 2 hours.
- Combine salt, sugar, and lime zest on a small plate and stir to combine. Use lime wedge to wet rim of margarita glasses then dip rims in salt mixture.
- In a blender, combine frozen watermelon, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec and blend until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed glasses and garnish with a watermelon slice and lime round.