BUTTERFINGER OATMEAL COOKIES
Rebeca Aguilar, Account Coordinator
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
3/4 cup shortening (Crisco)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups uncooked quick-cook oats
1 (10-ounce) bag Butterfinger baking bits
• Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
• Beat shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, mixing well.
• Add egg, water, and vanilla, mixing well.
• Combine salt, flour, and baking soda.
• Gradually add flour mixture to batter, mix until smooth.
• Stir in oats and Butterfinger bits, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
• Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons size), drop dough onto prepared baking sheets.
• Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
• Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to wire rack to completely cool.