Best BBQ Chicken Kebabs
By Michael Fruchtman, CFO
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light or mild molasses
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until sauce reaches ketchup consistency and is reduced to 1 cup, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl and set aside to serve with cooked chicken.
- Toss chicken and salt in a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- While the grill heats, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Combine sweet paprika, sugar, and smoked paprika in a bowl.
- Process bacon in a food processor until a smooth paste forms, 30-45 seconds.
- Add bacon paste and spice mixture to the chicken, mixing with hands until chicken is thoroughly coated. Thread meat onto skewers.
- Place on grill and turn every 2-2.5 minutes basting with sauce between flips until charred and cooked through--about 8-10 minutes total. Serve with remaining sauce.