Healthy Turkey Meatballs
By Kelsi Roth, Senior Graphic Designer and Social Media Coordinator
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated sweet onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bleached flour
- 10 large sage leaves, minced (about 1 tablespoon, tightly packed)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking dish or sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the meatball ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 2 tablespoon portions, and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet (about 1-2 inches apart) and bake for 25 minutes or so, until the fat has begun to seep out of the meatballs, and no pink meat remains in the center.
- Serve immediately, or cool completely before freezing. Make 16 meatballs.
Recipe adapted from “A Clean Bake” https://acleanbake.com/paleo-turkey-meatballs/