by Shane O’Neill, Vice President
- dutch oven
- 2 - 2 ½ pounds Beef Sirloin cut into strips 1/2 inch thick
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 green onions chop only the whites
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 beef Bouillon Cube dissolved into one cup hot water
- 1 can Beef Consommé
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 6 ounce can mushrooms
- ⅓ cup Sauterne Wine
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Remove all fat from the beef. Cut the beef into 2-inch strips across the grain of the meat. Salt and Pepper the strips.
- Heat the butter in a Dutch oven and brown the beef, turning frequently to brown evenly. Set the meat aside and cook the onions until they are transparent. Set the onions aside.
- Add the flour to the drippings and mix well. Return the meat and onions to the Dutch oven, and add the beef bouillon cube, water and the beef consommé. Stir the mixture until is smooth.
- Add the mustard, cover and cook very slowly for 1 hour to until the meat is tender. Add the undrained mushrooms, sauterne and sour cream. Serve over rice or noodles.