Chicken With Creamy Basil Corn Sauce
By: Chelsea Schroeder, Account Coordinator
Are you looking for a simple, feel-great meal that is not only good for the body, but good for the soul? This easy-peasy restaurant quality meal is perfect for a night in with your spouse or family. Read below to find out how you can bring this fresh recipe to life.
Chicken with Creamy Basil Corn Sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 package (16-ounce) frozen green beans
- Cut chicken in half crosswise, and pound to an even thickness in a zip-top plastic bag using the heel of your hand or a meat mallet; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, in batches if necessary, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from the skillet, and keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add corn and wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute. Add cream and mustard; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened. Stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over chicken.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook green beans according to package directions; season with salt and pepper to taste.