Baked Salmon and Asparagus in Foil
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inches long. Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil. In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over a portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus. Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 teaspoon per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 teaspoons). Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes. Unwrap and serve warm.