By Kelsi Roth, Senior Graphic Designer and Social Media Coordinator
Take advantage of August summer days with a refreshing cocktail!
- ½ small seedless watermelon cut into small cubes approximately 4 cups
- 1 bottle rosé wine
- juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons honey to taste
- fresh mint, watermelon slices, or edible flowers for garnish
- Pour the wine into ice cube trays and freeze, preferably overnight (they will still be a little bit slushy). Reserve ½ a cup of wine for the blending mix.
- Place the watermelon cubes in the freezer overnight as well.
- Place watermelon cubes, honey, lime juice, wine cubes, and the remaining ½ a cup of wine into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and serve immediately. If you made it quite thick and slushy, you can use an ice cream spoon to serve it.
- Garnish with lime, watermelon slices, or mint.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Table for Two.